We are looking for great engineers to join our startup team as we build the next generation of content mapping tools. These are enterprise-strength tools anyone can quickly learn to use to map and track complex thoughts or systems of any kind.
Our software (www.plectica.com) is underpinned by the state of the art in systems thinking methodology and the pioneering work of our cofounder Dr. Derek Cabrera, an internationally renowned cognitive scientist based at Cornell University.
Systems Thinking is an increasingly popular method of analysis and problem solving, widely applicable in industry, government, not-for-profit, education, business, and civic sectors. Its real promise lies in visually unpacking complex systems, thereby helping experts develop solutions to seemingly intractable and often transdisciplinary issues, including those which contain competing interests and touch economic, political, social, and other systems.
We’re dedicated to this project because, in addition to containing some extremely difficult technical challenges, it is both financially and socially rewarding. The products we build have a tangible impact in the world, in education, in knowledge management, strategic planning, and countless other key contexts.
You are: a highly-skilled software engineer who has demonstrated experience owning, shaping, building a product that gained real traction with users in a production setting.
Strong candidates will have…
- experience/interest in building real-time collaborative applications
- experience with high concurrency systems in any of Node.js / Go / Erlang
- experience building and consuming REST APIs in Node.js / Python / Ruby
- interest in Graph databases and experience with relational data modeling
- interest in eventual-consistency data structures and techniques such as OT/CRDT
- experience with data stores like PostgreSQL / Cassandra / Redis in production
- proficiency in the browser with JS/CSS and some experience with frameworks such as React.js / Angular