Plectica is a web-based visual mapping tool that helps individuals and corporations organize, explain, and collaborate on complex issues. Our team is based in New York City but we have team members located in Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and elsewhere. We entered an open beta in August of 2017 and our early users hail from New York Times, Disney, Salesforce, Etsy, Stack Overflow, Pinterest, Intuit, L’Oreal, and Vice.
We are looking to hire our first Product Manager to help guide the product’s development, identify and execute on company priorities, and drive growth with both our consumer and enterprise customers. Join a small team of experienced technologists, startup veterans, and systems thinkers who want to reshape how people think and understand each other.
What you'll do in this role
- Be the customer advocate — Organize research sessions with our small but passionate consumer user base to better understand how our tool can serve their needs across a wide variety of use cases and situations.
- Drive user engagement and growth — Identify and lead efforts to help our users build, evolve, and collaborate on maps. From onboarding, to sharing, public maps, in-app guidance, and more — we need your help prioritize and execute on growth opportunities.
- Help build a product that wins over corporate buyers — Spend time with our enterprise clients to identify and prioritize the explicit and implicit requirements they have. Work with our executive team to develop a roadmap that helps us win and renew five and six figure deals.
- Champion user experience and design best practices — Work with our designer to develop fluid, compelling product experiences. Wireframe new features, identify edge cases, and advocate for user-centered development.
- Bring out the best in our team — We’ve found a good rhythm in our planning and development process but we look to your expertise to refine the way we work together and maximize our team’s efficiency and effectiveness, especially as we scale our product team.
Skills and characteristics you possess
- You are intellectually curious. You are interested in learning about a wide variety of things and going deep on topics when the situation calls for it.
- You thrive in a scrappy, dynamic startup environment. You are comfortable working on a variety of projects and find creative ways to test ideas, make progress, and achieve goals quickly and efficiently. You are not intimidated by a certain level of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You take initiative. You don’t wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You keep those around you informed with your efforts and collaborate whenever appropriate, but in general, you identify, prioritize, and execute your work with minimal direction.
- You are a careful listener. You employ empathic listening to hear what users and team members say and understand what they really mean.
- You are a strong communicator. You are able to articulate ideas, synthesize discussions, and articulate arguments in verbal and written form. You are thoughtful, clear and persuasive in your speaking and writing.
- You work well in a remote-friendly environment. You are comfortable working with a partially distributed team. From remote meetings, to Slack discussions, to video 1:1’s, you will work hard to incorporate the perspectives and experience of our remote team members.
Additional qualities that would set you apart
- Deep expertise in one of the following: product design, growth marketing, user research, copywriting, systems thinking.
- Experience building both consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) products.
- Experience leading product on software teams where the user base grew several orders of magnitude during your tenure.